Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Holocuast Trip

This week my class and I went to the Holocaust museum. When we got off the buses they split us in to two groups, I was part of the green group. When we first got into the the exhibit we saw some common items found in a Jewish home during 1930's, We saw a picture of a Menorah that is in the Holocaust museum Israel it was from a family who survived the Holocaust, they donated it and every year the take it back from the Exhibit to use for Hanuka. A main topic we learned about was Resistance. There are big and small ways to show resistance, we saw a picture that somebody took during that time period  there was a menorah on a window sill and through the window you can see Nazi flags raised. In my opinion that picture is a big sign of resistance. At the beginning of the trip we saw the Nazi armbands in display cases all nicely preserved and I was think that they should be burned and buried not in nice display cases but then a little bit later in the exhibit they had Nazi pins and pictures of Hitler i the group over a piece of glass so people could step on it and I was glad or satisfied and I thought that was a really great idea. The whole architecture in the Museum is really cool there was one part where you go down a ramp and you are in a ghetto. The whole Museum was built around a freight car that was used to transport people to Auschwitz , we got to go in and see it was small but they said 100 people were in each car .I really liked going to the museum because I love to learn about the Holocaust.

No comments:

Post a Comment