Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Food Blog

In the summer when I go to Greece every day I go to the beach and I go swimming I love swimming  and snorkeling in the waters and try I to find seashells,  but when I snorkel with my friend and her dad they taught me how to catch  octopus. Octopus normally live in rocks by the reef so you have to swim out far to get to the coral reef . It takes a lot of energy out of you if you swim there but if you snorkel its very different when you snorkel you can look down and see the sand and how perfect each line is and you can see the fishes swimming all together in one lot and you can see the sun shinning into the water making the ocean shimmer when swim you don't focus on that and in my opinion you really miss out. Once you get to the reef its so pretty but scary its darker and deep its around 30 feet down and I gazed around for a minute and when I looked up everybody will be further ahead and a wave of fear will rise over me until I catch up.The way to find octopus is to look for there house they live in rocks and they are very clean the clams and mussels that they eat they always put the shells out side of the house to keep their house clean. After looking in the reef we couldn't find any they were all out getting food so on our way back to shore we were still pretty far out but past the reef  we saw an octopus just sitting in the sand it was probably only 15 feet down so I went down to go get the octopus I grabbed it then brought it up then my friends dad took it and bit it's head and flipped it inside out and a sack containing the heart and organs came out and then Myrto (my friend) told me to put the octopus on my stomach because the suckers still worked and that way I could swim without holding it when we got back to the beach we went to a big rock and threw the octopus on the rock 70 times to make it thicker then you let it dry and then we went to Myrto's  and cooked the octopus in olive oil then when its done you serve it in olive oil and vinegar with a side of cucumber and tomatoes and it was a really good memory.

1 comment:

  1. It seems like a really fun experience! Is octopus good?

    ReplyDelete